Jon Jones releases statement on alleged assault of drug testing agent


Jon Jones issued a statement Saturday regarding allegations that he assaulted and threatened to kill a doping control officer after she arrived at his home to take a sample as part of the UFC's anti-doping program.

A police report filed April 5 by a Drug Free Sport agent alleged that Jones took away her phone after he “appeared upset” when he was unable to urinate for the test and she suggested a blood sample instead. During the altercation, which the police report said took place on March 30, the drug testing agent claimed Jones put her cell phone in his pocket, kicked her in the face and allegedly said, “Why the fuck do people come like that.” early?” You know what happens to people who come to my house… they end up dead.”

Jones responded to the allegations on social media along with security camera footage that he said showed the drug testers leaving his home after taking the sample.

“I would like to address reports that I allegedly threatened the life of a drug tester and stole a phone,” Jones wrote on Instagram. “I want to clarify that there is a video that shows both drug testers leaving my home after the testing session, where we exchanged a high five and a hug. Although I was frustrated at the unprofessionalism and used profanity out of frustration, it ended in a friendly and amicable manner, not threatening at all. I actually celebrated a friend's birthday party at my house and I think it's completely normal to celebrate it in your own home.

“I have to say, this particular tester behaved quite unprofessionally and even violated standard protocol and HIPAA laws. In the 20 years I have been subjected to drug testing, I have never experienced an incident like this with a DCO officer before.”

In her statement to police, the drug testing agent claimed she was “scared” because Jones was standing less than a foot away from her during the alleged incident. The agent added that Jones eventually provided a urine sample as requested before she and her colleague left his home.

She explained that her boss at the Drug Testing Agency asked her why she wanted to report the incident to the police, and she claimed that it “seemed like he was trying to talk her out of the incident.”

The agent ultimately decided to file criminal charges against Jones for the alleged assault.

Police sent Jones an April 5 citation for assault and interfering with communications for allegedly stealing the drug tester's phone. Based on online court records, there are currently no official charges against Jones.

UFC officials have yet to comment on the allegations against Jones.